Started Apr 4, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Maxwell
Regular MemberPosts: 439
Like?
Sensor Swabs
Apr 4, 2002

This is not a complaint, per se, but rather an opinion and request for input.

I just received a box of Photographic Solutions D1 sensor swabs, a bottle of eclipse solution, and a package of PEC pads. I am really disappointed with the Sensor Swabs, or should I say with the value of the sensor swabs. The Senor Swabs are $48 for a package of 12 or $4 each. The PEC pads are about $7 per hundred. I am not sure what I was expecting but the Sensor Swabs are nothing more than a swab with a piece of PEC pad attached to the end with a little rubber band. The Swabs work well enough, but I tried cutting up a PEC pad and just holding it with a pair of tweezers and it worked just as well.

Again, I am not bashing Photographic Solutions, they are welcome to charge whatever the market will bear. For me, the Sensor Swabs are just not a very good value and I don't understand the pricing structure.

Does anyone else have an opinion on these pads? Am I missing something that makes them a must have regardless of the cost?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow