Started Sep 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adam88
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
1D MkIII problems...I just dont buy it
Sep 11, 2007

I see a lot of people complaining about MkIII cameras and their ability, or inability, to AF while in AI Servo. People swear that theres no way it could be them because they just have tons of experience ( although relatively none with this new camera... ) and its just impossible that theyre doing something wrong.

I honestly think that the majority of focus problems are user generated. Id be willing to bet that if you opened your files in something like EOS Viewer, youd see that the point of focus is sharp but what you want to be in focus isnt there. If youre shooting without defining your focus points, thats probably your biggest problem. Anyone who relies on the camera to choose what should be in focus is just asking for problems. It sees NOTHING the way the human eye does. You should define your focus point, keep whatever you want to take a picture of IN that focus point, and then shoot away.

The only reason I say this is I work at a camera store and have had a chance to handle just about every MkIII thats gone through the doors. None of them ever produced an OOF picture unless I was doing something wrong. IMO, and for what I do, its the best DSLR Ive ever laid my hands on. I cant wait to get one in a couple weeks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow