Started Sep 10, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Don Trust
Contributing MemberPosts: 523
Like?
sensor cleaning on 40D
Sep 10, 2007

Just got the 40D Friday, and after testing for dust, found a couple spots worth cleaning. So, since I was used to cleaning the 10D, and never had any problems i figured it couldn't hurt to clean my new baby.

OUCH! After one swipe with my preferred method (sensor swipe brush), it looked like this: (and this is without auto levels!)

Well, that won't do. I thought with all those black sqiggles that I had possibly really messed something up. And that on a camera that was only a few hours old. Really bad feeling. (the black notch in the upper left is my house roof)

After some choice words to myself, and a lot of cold sweat, I calmed down enough to get out the wet cleaning supplies and give it a go. After 2 cleanings, i ended up with this: ( and it looks about that good even after auto levels)

Ahh, I can breathe again. Not the best way to start off with a new camera, but now that it's over, I can enjoy it. And boy is the 40D a major step up from the 10D. AF is just wonderful.

I guess the moral is not to panic if you mess up a cleaning once or twice. These things seem to be pretty forgiving.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow