mikeluna
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
Back from repair (Irvine Service)
Sep 6, 2007

Hi Guys,

Just got my MIII back from service today. (September 6) Serial #528XXX

The repair ticket states the following:

"We have examined the product according to your request, and it was found that the product performed according to specification. The focus did not operate properly. Electrical adjustments were carried out on the PCB assembly. Other electrical adjustments and inspection and cleaning were carried out.

So it performs according to specification but the focus did not perform properly and was adjusted?

Huh?

Anyway a few shots have been made on one shot in AZ mid-day sun and from first impressions it appears somewhat promising BUT this is no way any type of true test. We have a massive full day shoot on Saturday and another on Tuesday so I will have a real idea if any real improvement is seen after then. You can bet your butt we are taking several backup body's and a laptop for close inspection for both shoots. I'm not getting screwed again!

The firmware on the body is the same latest software currently available and no firmware update was performed according to the repair outline.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted as promised.

Mike

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow