Started Sep 6, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
World Traveler Brad
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
New Info for 1D MkIII Auto Focus Problem
Sep 6, 2007

I just received a response back from Canon regarding the poor AF performance of my 1D MkIII. They provided a mailing address to send a CD with samples where the AF performance is bad.

I think it would be a great idea if all us 1D Mk III (USA) owners experiencing this problem to flood this address with CDs containing examples of the poor AF performance. Not to create havoc at Canon, but to drive home the point there is a major problem out there and people expect a timely response.

Here's the response & address I received:

Thank you for your inquiry. We value you as a Canon customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your EOS 1D Mark III's focusing problem.

We are currently investigating the Internet reports regarding focus concerns. If you feel that your EOS-1D Mark III is exhibiting difficulties regarding focus tracking of moving or static subjects as the Rob Galbraith article suggests, we request some information from you to better help us assess the situation. We request that, if possible, you send us a sample sequence of images that display the problem you are experiencing, burned to a CD. Any updates to our investigation will be published on the Canon USA web site (www.usa.canon.com).

Since this concern is still under investigation, we do not suggest sending the camera in for service as little can be done until clarification is received from Canon, Inc. in Japan.

For customers in the USA willing to provide Canon with sample images please send your original images burned to a CD to the following address:

EOS 1D Mark III Images
Canon ITS
850K Greenbrier Circle
Chesapeake, VA 23320

We hope this information is helpful to you. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your EOS 1D Mark III.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

WTB
--
http://www.pbase.com/worldtravelerbrad

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow