Started Apr 2, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Klyphton
Contributing MemberPosts: 519
Like?
Challenge #7
Apr 2, 2002

First I would like to thank everyone who voted for "It's A Dog's Life". I would also like to thank Gordon for picking such a great challenge topic. I think we all had a lot of fun with it (one can just tell from the entries alone).

Well, enough of the small talk, on to why you clicked on this post in the first place. Challenge #7 is simple. It is PORTRAITS IN BLACK AND WHITE (or Sepia). You can take any type of portrait you wish so long as the picture is in black and white or Sepia .

To make things a little interesting and fun. ONE of your eligible entries should be a SELF PORTRAIT. This way we can kind of get to know one another.

Now for the RULES:

1. The Challenge will begin today (April 2nd) and end two weeks later (11:59 pm EST on April 16th, 2002). I'll create the gallery as soon as I can tonight.

2. As before there will be two categories: Eligible and Exhibition. You can submit a maxium of 3 pictures per category.

To qualify for the Eligible category, picture MUST be taken with a CANON DIGITAL camera DURING the challenge dates and stick to the Portraits in Black and White (or Sepia) theme. All entries must contain the following information TITLE, YOUR NAME, DATE TAKEN AND CAMERA USED. Any photo without ALL FOUR pieces of information will be labeled "INELIGIBLE FOR VOTING" on the last day of the challenge.

To qualify for the Exhibition category, pictures may be taken with ANY DIGITAL camera BEFORE or DURING the challenge dates and stick to the theme outlined above. All entries must contain the following information; TITLE, YOUR NAME AND CAMERA USED. Any photo without ALL THREE pieces of information will be labeled INELIGIBLE FOR VOTING, on the last day of the challenge.

3. At the end of the two week posting period there will be a TWO DAY voting period. ANYONE from DPReview forums can vote. The first place winner will pick the next theme and run the next challenge. In the event that the first place winner cannot run the next challenge, then the second place winner will pick the theme and run the next challenge. In the event neither first, second or third place winners can run the next challenge, then the third place winner must make a post requesting a volunteer ASAP. The volunteer then gets to choose the theme and run the next challenge.
Hopefully Bluelegend will assist with his amazing voting booth once again!

4. If your entry has been inspired by work you have seen elsewhere please give credit where credit is due. I realize it's nearly impossible to be original and in many cases you may want to challenge yourself by trying to recreate a photo you've seen in a magazine or book. I know I have tried to do this before as well - it's a good learning experience. But if you want to copy someone's composition just give them a nod of acknowledgement as a professional courtesy.

5. If you want to change your entries (delete some, upload new ones), you can do so freely before the deadline. But try not to do this too much since people will be constantly checking into the galleries and it would be weird to see pictures disappearing.

6. Please don't rearrange pictures. I like it when the pictures appear in the order they were uploaded. It would seem unfair if the someone could move their picture from the 4th to the 1st page to perhaps get more attention.

7. Please don't alter or delete pictures that are not yours.

8. There are no restrictions of the use of photo editiing software, so long as there is a picture a real picture under there and it was taken by you.

Hopefully that covers everything. If there are questions, please post them freely

Now, get out there and take some pictures. Let's have as many entries as possible.
Good luck, have fun and above all experiment!--Clifton
http://www.pbase.com/klyphton

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
BUMPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow