Started Aug 27, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Suntan
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,124
Like?
Live View kind of a waste?
Aug 27, 2007

Does anyone else feel that the “Live View” thing on the D300 and D3 is just a bit of a waste?

As I understand it, this feature will be useful for Macro shooters (though I don’t understand why) but I don’t see the value of it otherwise. I would much rather look through the actual viewfinder than look at a screen regardless of how improved it is.

My old, mothballed Canon G1 had a flip out and swivel screen, which really was useful for times when you wanted to frame the shot down by the ground or holding the camera up over your head, but without a rotating screen you still need to be somewhat directly behind the camera to see the screen.

I suppose in a studio environment being able to quickly glance at the back to make sure nobody has moved out of frame would be useful, but is it any harder to just pop your eye up to the viewfinder?

In the spirit of get an inch take a mile, it would have been really nice to get a version of the D300 without any live view stuff for $100 cheaper.

-Suntan

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wowNew
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow