Started Aug 25, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,504Gear list
Like?
S5 or D300
Aug 25, 2007

I am a long standing user of Fujis' having owned f10, f11 and f31's as well as Nikon's D40 and D50. I really like the little Fujis'.

I am ready to up my SLR gear to the next level. I have read as many comparison reviews of the D200 and S5 as possible and know the strengths and weaknesses of each relative to the other.

I love the look of the images that come out of the S5 and was about to go for it over the D200, then out came the D300. If the D300 improves contrast over the D200 because of the new and superior CMOS sensor and it improves noise as well, it seems that the S5's only remaining advantage is its ability to set a colour profile. Against that is a raft of new features on the D300.

I have all Nikon lenses. 50mm f1.4, 12-24mm, 55-200VR and a kit lens. Next up will probably be a Sigma 30mm unless Nikon produce a wide angle large aperture prime soon. I like low light situations and most of my shots are low light oriented.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you in anticipation.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow