Started Aug 24, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Austin Li
Contributing MemberPosts: 659
Like?
Upgrade directly from D70 to D3x?
Aug 24, 2007

I have been shooting with a D70 in the past 3 years with the 18-70 mm kit, a 50 mm f1.8, and a 70-300 mm VR lenses. During my vacation (camping) trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks this summer, I found myself extremely busy(changing back and forth the lenses!!!) trying to shoot both landscape (with the kit) and wild animals (of course with the 700-300 mm VR). So you can tell, one of the results was that I missed several good chance of capturing wild animals. Also, the D70 sensor was contaminated and need be cleaned (I cleaned it right before the trip). Now I realize I need a second camera so that one is dedicated for landscaping (the new one) and one is dedicated for telephoto (D70). That way, my photographing life would be much easier, and the camera sensor will be less likely to get contaminated. So now the question is, which one? the D300 or the expected D3x?

As for now, I prefer the D300, but one of my friends keeps arguing how wonderful the full frame is. So I am seeking advise here.

Any recommendation is appreciated. Thanks,

Austin

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow