Started Aug 18, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SuvoMitra
Contributing MemberPosts: 796
Like?
AF tracking - bird flight
Aug 18, 2007

A quick question on the difference between CAM2000 and CAM1000 cameras. My interest is primarily in larger birds (seabirds, wildfowl, etc.), and I'm using a D200 with the 200-400VR. I manage quite well with the D200's central sensor in good light and even background (sky, sea, etc.), but tracking gets lost a bit too quickly with vegetation in the background or low light, breakers on the sea shore, etc.

I am considering buying a CAM2000 body after the price drops following the new model announcements next week or whenever. But even after reading up a lot, I can't be sure whether the difference between CAM2000 and CAM1000 will be significant for my particular need. Of course, a D2X(s) would have the added advantage of HSC mode, but if the improvement in AF isn't really substantial, the expense would not be worth my while. In any case, I would keep the D200, so it's not a choice between the two model classes.

Thanks a lot for any help/comments from wildlife or sports folks who have a lot of experience with AF tracking.
--
Suvo Mitra
http://suvomitra.smugmug.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow