Started Aug 16, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roger Knight
Forum MemberPosts: 74Gear list
Like?
Is it just Me?
Aug 16, 2007

So, ... Is it just me, or does anyone else think as I do that perhaps the bigest difference between the Olympus E510 and for that matter the E410, is that when properly compared with pretty much every other camera on the market that they are the only ones that offer purple fringing free photos?

If I am correct and I think that I am in relation to the foregoing, I am also fairly sure that it may have more than something to do with the angle that the light travels along to get picked up by the 4/3 sensor. And I also think that I am right in thinking that this "no purple fringing" phenomenum also applies to the Panasonic Lumix L1 too which is a 4/3 camera.

I have been troubled for some time by the 'purple pale' as I call it. I really hate it to the point that it has prevented me until now from buying an SLR.

Even top level cameras with top level lenses from other SLR manufacturers, (CANIKAXNY), all seem to be damned by photos that exhibit the dreaded 'purple pale'.

So... is it just me ?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow