Started Aug 16, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matt_Anderson
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,778
Like?
24" 2.8 iMac, First Impressions ...
Aug 16, 2007

The mac is fast. Quite quick. For my job I use a loaded 3.0Ghz Xenon Pro. It's not too far behind, it feels very quick.

The screen is a hair less smooth when compared to the ACD. The glare is present, but IMHO, not a problem, unless you like black desktop patterns, and bright sunlit things behind you. The initial brightness and contrast are set, IMO, towards video type content. A user will need to "dial down" the monitor for accurate color. All and all, it is quite adequate for critical color.

The build is excellent.

The keyboard. My first impression was it's going in the trash. The more I use it, the more I like it. What I do not like is the repositioning of the top row functions, such as volume, brightness, etc... Why Apple Why do you move these ? FYI, they did add a few more function keys !

I've been working with 223 mb H3D-39 megapixel files in CS3, and it feels just as speedy as my MacPro 3.0. (I have 2Gb RAM and 500 mb HD, as of now, I don't feel a need to add any more RAM)

For the money, IMHO, this is an excellent machine, a great deal.

I give it a huge thumbs up.

I haven't run any gaming programs thru this machine, but, to be honest, I feel money is better spent on PS3, Wii, and Xbox, via my 50" plasma, then a computer.

I have no regrets of this purchase, and I'm very very impressed with this new 24" 2.8 model.

Regards, Ya'll

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow