Slik AMT Pro 340DX Tripod?

Started Aug 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
blackbird34608
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Slik AMT Pro 340DX Tripod?
In reply to MICHAEL J MOONEY, Aug 11, 2007

I got the 340DX yesterday and I am going to return it It is nicely made, almost all metal, compact and lightweight (I was able to slide one of the legs into an accessory loop on my Lowepro Slingshot 300 without the bag sagging) but as soon as you get your camera on it it flexes like crazy with the lightest touch. I dont have a very heavy setup, D80 with 18-135mm lens, but I think its too heavy for the tripod. The Kansas wind is just too much for the D80 / Slik 340DX combo. I wanted to step up from my $30 Walmart MX2000, but my cheap tripod is slightly more stable than this slik. I got the Slik from B&H which lists the capacity at 8.8 lbs. The instruction pamphlet that came with the tripod says its rated for 6lb 10 oz. Its strange becasue the Slik website lists the capacity at 10 lbs. WHo knows. Anyhow, I really wanted to like the tripod, but it just does not cut it for my setup. If you have a lighter camera or take long hikes and care less about stability, then perhaps it's a better match for you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow