Read this: Reason for buying an extended warranty...would you?

Started Jul 26, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mtndew
Senior MemberPosts: 1,287
Like?
Read this: Reason for buying an extended warranty...would you?
Jul 26, 2007

I know a lot of folks don't go in for the stores extended warranty, but I just got my S5 and I purchased one. I was debating back and forth whether or not to go for it. I did buy one for my S2.

Here's my story. Have any others suffered a similar fate? Let's here your story. Even if you didn't have a warranty how was your camera damaged?

What tipped me over to the extended warranty side was that I purchased a Canon SD1000 for my wife 3 weeks ago and it slipped out of her hand right onto the ground lens first. That precision piece of machinery quickly became a precision piece of junk. I hadn't purchased the extended warranty that also covers accidental damage; if you're going to buy a warranty pay a little more for one that covers accidental damage. The next day I bought another one with the warranty from Best Buy. The first one was from Circuit City.

I usually don't get extended warranties for anything, but being out one new camera sold me on it. I'm extremely careful with my equipment, but it only takes one bad move to go from happy to...let's just say a bad day.

I once had a compact 35mm Olympus that when I was carrying it into the house the strap caught on one of those lever type door knobs and the camera was ripped put of my hands and slammed to the tile floor. $78.00 later it was fixed. You just never know.

I wish I had gotten one for my wife's 1st camera. I would be $250.00 richer. I could have had a 430EX flash.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow