Who uses 3rd party manual focus lenses and which lenses?

Started Jul 25, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Amin Sabet
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,709Gear list
Like?
Who uses 3rd party manual focus lenses and which lenses?
Jul 25, 2007

For some time now, I have been toying with the idea of using manual focus lenses on my DSLR. This week, thanks to Joe Mama, I took the plunge. Just as Joe made me get a 5D, he forced me down this path with his love proclamation for the 50/1.2L. A 50L to call my own will simply not fit my budget, so for less than the price of a 50/1.4 I picked up a Zuiko OM 50/1.2 plus an OM-EOS adapter and an Ee-S focusing screen. While I was at it, I also picked up an OM mount Vivitar Series 1 135/2.3. The OM-EOS adapter has a chip to enable AF confirmation lights to operate properly on the 5D, and the center point retains high precision confirmation. More on my experience and sample images will follow. For now, I'd like to hear who else has gone this route and with which lenses. Example images would also be great!

-- hide signature --
 Amin Sabet's gear list:Amin Sabet's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TimNew
AminNew
jpr2New
jpr2New
TimNew
RickNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow