Started Jul 23, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeTJ
Regular MemberPosts: 163
Like?
Who prints? Why?
Jul 23, 2007

My wife is one of these big-time amateur photographers with all the lenses and software and what not. ANyway, after a couple years of watching her tune up her pics on photoshop, but never actually looking at her pictures, I bought her a 47" LCD HD television with HDMI inputs. Now we go from teh compuer to the big LCD. Instead of sitting around over a coffee table, handing around envelopes full of tiny pictures, we have a slide show with music, captions, motion, and we all sit an look at a nice big, clear picture. It is odd to me that the DIGITAL camera market (P&S mostly, but also DSLR) has stayed wedded to the 4x6 printed picture rather than taking better advantage of high resolution monitors, LCD, Plasma, DLP, and LYCOS televisions. In short, sitting with a cup of coffee with friends and family with a wireless mouse and an LCD big-screen television is teh best way to view photos, no? WHy do camera manufacturers not seem to realize where the viewing habits and therefore market is heading in this regard. I mean, does anyone really print pictures any more? Don't most just view them on their computer screen?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow