Started Jul 22, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rkhndjr
Forum ProPosts: 12,276
Like?
why not a DSLR
Jul 22, 2007

In a recent post I asked who had both DSLR and P&S and many had both. I am really curious as to why so many seem to rave about their P&S cams while owning a DSLR. Carrying the 30D is no problem for me and I am an old man, so why the need for constant use of a P&S which in no way is going to give image quality of the large camera?I am aware of the handiness of a small camera and my F20 hangs around my neck daily, but is buying a DSLR a burden financially for many? Surely most will agree that image quality of the DSLR is preferred, so why not use one. I read where many have a DSLR but rarely use it, Why in the world not? I see a P&S in this manner: Beginner only- user with DSLR but P&S is regular- P&S and DSLR with usage split- MANY P&S cams only. Is that a fair assumption? The point is, of course, if DSLR quality is best why not use it and have 1 or 2 P&S for carry basis as possible subject may appear while in town with P&S. Or is the DSLR intimidating and you also do not know how to use Photosop?

I certainly am serious with this post but do not want it to deteriorate into a battle of any kind. Please realize that this is my way of passing time on a rainy morning while at the same time acquiring some knowledge of my fellow photographers wants and needs,
--
Russ

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TomNew
YusNew
YusNew
gklNew
gklNew
gklNew
gklNew
TomNew
tkoNew
TomNew
BenNew
YangNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow