Started Jul 20, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photofreak7
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,703
Like?
G7 and S5IS - Anyone have both?
Jul 20, 2007

Hello all. I recently purchased the S5IS (already have the G7 and F31fd) My question is if anyone else has both G7/S5 and has considered selling their G7 - and if so why? (From my comparisons the G7 and S5 are similiar in IQ at ISO80/100 and @200/400 the G7's better) I'd like to get back to two cameras (1 pocketable and 1 UZ) and I have kicked around the idea for a couple weeks and am trying to decide either to sell the G7 or the F31fd. I have considered that the G7 is pretty decent at ISO400 (and better than S5's 400) and with the IS (and 2-3 stop advantage) it also compares well @ISO400 to the F31fd at ISO800/1600. I like everything else about the G7 but the High ISO performance and am now thinking if the G7 is fine upto ISO400 then why do I need the F31fd? Plus the G7 has a much much better LCD, IS, face detect avail. outside 'auto' mode, easier, faster access to most everything, 6x vs 3x, etc.., ... any opinions on this are welcome - I need to make a decision... Matt

"Over-Exposure to the Son can keep us from getting burned"

Matt, PA, U.S.
Canon S5IS, G7, Fuji F31fd
http://www.pbase.com/photofreak777

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow