Started Jul 19, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Sprague
Regular MemberPosts: 405
Like?
S9000 or S9100 or S6000 Decision help request
Jul 19, 2007

I'm looking for a Zoom to carry around when I don't want to lug the DSLR kit. I ruled out the Sony because no RAW and I like the ability to shoot RAW if I choose. I also considered the Olympus SP550 but was less than impressed with the mixed reviews and when I handled it I thought the AF was a bit slow. I must admit I have not handled one of the fuji models yet and may end up buying online without getting to shoot with it first. My main purpose for the camera is a carry around do all, landscapes and portraits / snap shots of my kids & grandkids and maybe an occasional macro or bird shot. I know the lcd is bigger and better on the 9100 verses the 9000 but since I only use an lcd for menus and reviews is there anything else I should now about the 9100 that makes it worth over $100 more than I can get the 9000 for? Also to muddy the waters a bit more I can get the S6000 for $260 after rebate so I'm having a heck of a time making a decision. The tilt LCD of the 9000 & 9100 would be nice but not a must have. Also I've read that the 6000 is better in low light, is this really true? I rarely shoot over ISO 400 and usually just to get shutter speed up but I did dumped my panny for dslr a few years ago because of the excessive noise if delivered. I've been reading so many camera reviews and info since my mother is also looking for a P&S that I'm starting to get a bit dizzy. Would anyone with first hand experience care to comment pro or con on these three models?

Thanks,

DS

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow