Need tips on how to make a TZ3 take good, CLEAR pictures!

Started Jul 17, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bgstewar
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Need tips on how to make a TZ3 take good, CLEAR pictures!
Jul 17, 2007

I just bought a TZ3, mainly due to the high review it got on this site along with lots of user support for the camera. Overall I'm impressed with the wide angle lens, the zoom, the speed, and the LCD (beautiful!).

I am having one major problem though...I can't for the life of me get this camera to take good, crisp, vibrant pictures! Even my five year old Sony takes better pictures. I'm so disappointed in the picture quality that I could literally cry. Every picture, because of the noise reduction, has blurred detail and dull, lifeless colors. I've tried different settings, and I still get the same response.

The best pictures turn out in close range with no flash. The lower the ISO, the crisper and cleaner they turn out. Anything over an ISO of 200 seems to turn out hazy with fuzzy edges.

I'm really anxious to get some tips on how to make these pictures look like they were taken from a $350 camera instead of a $10 disposable camera! Any clues?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow