Started Jul 14, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ollen Mullis
Regular MemberPosts: 208
Like?
D1H / D1X users...
Jul 14, 2007

Can you recommend a supplier for 3rd-party EN-4 battery packs?

I have a D1H that came with 1 pretty well worn-out Nikon OEM EN-4. I bought 2 Powercell 2000 EN-4 equivalents, and while they have been fine in terms of power, their endcaps and little twisty-turny lock mechanisms don't fit as well as the Nikon OEM, and as a result, the pack doesn't reliably lock into the body; I've had several occasions when the battery pack tumbled out of the body onto my foot.

Now, today, while fiddling with both Powercell 2000 EN-4s, the lock handle has broken off both of them. I still have the OEM endcap, but that means to switch batteries, I have to unscrew and swap out endcaps... and if THAT one ever breaks, I'm powerless.

Can anyone recommend a source for 3rd-party EN-4 replacements THAT HAVE WELL-MADE ENDCAPS that FIT properly and easily and engage the D1H body and LOCK in place reliably?

I appreciate your input. I have tried to convert the original Nikon EN-4 to Li-ion cells, and power-wise, that has seemed to work... but then I ran into this engagement/locking problem.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow