ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mbower
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
if not P5000, what?
Jul 10, 2007

Hi, folks.

I've been eyeing the P5000 for several weeks (had one on loan) and finally did some testing with it. The comments I saw in this forum indicated it is a GREAT camera EXCEPT for the slowness.

So yesterday I did a very UNscientific study. I took a bunch of pictures with the P5000, some outside, some inside, mentally noted the time for shooting (button push to capture). I then did the same thing with a Canon A640 that we just got for my son. Noted the times for focusing again.

Wow! What a difference. A640 just took the picture. P5000 seemed to "think" about it a long time.

I'll do more testing (I really like the other features of the P5000) but I think I'm now leaning away from the P5000.

So given that, here is my question:

Q: What cameras are comparable to the P5000 in all ways except it has better focusing time? I'd like to pay about the same price or lower so higher priced won't fly with my personal CFO (wife).

I'm open to any recommendations.

One last requirement - has to have an optical viewfinder.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

-- hide signature --

Michael Bower
Ashburn, VA

mbower's gear list:mbower's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow