Started Jul 7, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Mackey
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
10-22mm is consistently dark
Jul 7, 2007

I have the EFS 10-22mm, and I've found that I need to turn up the exposure compensation 2/3 pretty consistently to get a bright enough shot, whether I'm indoors or outdoors. I sent it to Canon for service, and they said they fixed a focus issue (although it's still having a lot of trouble focusing, and I've still never seen a crisp shot out of this lens), but they didn't mention any exposure issue.

I could understand the problem if it happened outdoors where the wide angle might catch more daylight and throw off the sensor (or is the sensor in the body, not the lens? -- sorry; I'm a newbie), but it does it indoors as well -- and seemingly worse. Even in what appears to be a well-lit room indoors, the shot comes out very dark. With the 24-105L, I don't have the same issue.

I'm already going to send it to Canon a second time and ask them to look at the focus once more. Should I be concerned about the constant need for exposure compensation as well? Is this normal?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow