Started Jul 3, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Mosley
Forum ProPosts: 20,405Gear list
Like?
Landscape with the E-400/Sony R1/Panasonic LX1
Jul 3, 2007

I took my E-400, Sony R1 and Panasonic LX1 out today and took shots of the following scene... just to compare how each works.

Sony R1

The Sony evf is useless compared to the E-400 ovf, but the way you can adjust the sensitivity on the fly, and see the highlight warnings is superb. It's a fantastic landscape camera... and a joy to use - the controls are all available via buttons and dials, I love it.

Panasonic LX1

This is a truly classic landscape compact... OIS works beautifully, and framing with the LCD is easy. The controls are surprisingly accessible too, when you're used to the interface.

E-400

and E-400

My new baby! an absolute pleasure to use, and I don't find the optical viewfinder a problem at all... the 40-150mm lens is fabulous!

I think that I am reassured enough by the comparisons I've seen today, to consider letting go of the R1 and invest the money in an 11-22mm lens for the E-400 - the quality is surely good enough, and the E-400 is a lot more compact.

Kind Regards

Brian

-- hide signature --

Brian Mosley's gear list:Brian Mosley's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow