ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul.G
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
First Lens for Motorsport
Jun 30, 2007

Hello all,

After a lot of indecision I have opted for the 30D as an upgrade to my Minolta A2, but this has left me with more questions as I am not too good with all these lenses!!

So I shoot a lot of motorsport (UK rally) so want 2 zooms, I can afford (£750-1000) almost decided on the Sigma 70-20 2.8 (due to budget) but can’t decide on the second lenses

I have looked at my photos from the A2 and most of my shots on stage are between 50-180mm but I want my other lens to be a good quick walk around lens
So far I can’t decide on:

Canon 24-105 f4

Like the range of this it suits most of my shots just worried it won’t be quick enough if I keep it on to shoot motorsport or low light(outside)??

Canon 24-70 f2.8
Quicker but not the range of the 105 for the same price??

Tamron 28-75 f2.8
Cheaper than the Canon but quality/range?????

Tamron 17-50

This would get the wide range than I got with the A2, not used often but useful all the same.

I love sharp images and all the reviews say that the Canon lenses are the way for this…………just need to rob the bank a bit if the choice is a Canon with already decided on the Sigma 70-200 !!!

Will the images from the Canon lenses blow my socks off? or should I save my money and go for Sigma????

Or have I missed anything, I am open to any other recommendations

Com’on you lens Gurus give me your thoughts??

Thanks,
Paul

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow