1:1 adapter for Sigma 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Started Jun 26, 2007 | Discussions thread
Ludov
Regular MemberPosts: 111
Like?
Re: 1:1 adapter for Sigma 90mm f/2.8 Macro
In reply to fieman, Jun 26, 2007

Hello Sofie,

I own a Sigma 90mm f2.8 macro as one of my first lenses. Bought it in San Francisco during a US trip (i'm french from Paris).

Honestly, this lens is wonderful ! One of my nicest, the same picture quality as the Minolta 50 f2.8 macro I own too !!

As for every macro shots, AF is often impossible to use if you want to control your in-focus plane and your out of focus backgroud. Even without the life-size attachment and with a tiny apperture (F11) the DOF is very short.

I've put the life-size attachment for some ants pictures with my old 505si, every picture is OOF... in that case you'll need some dead ants for studio shooting because your DOF is about two or three millimeters !!

If it can help you, this is a very first class prime (I will never sell mine), very helpfull for candid shots or portraits, also a very good macro lens but 1/1 life-sized shots is a very very tricky thing.

Ludovic

P.S. The life-size attachment is a magnifying glass that attach on the front of the lens (nice quality), it is sold with the lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow