ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Louno
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Which Camera to choose ? Urgent Help plz
Jun 18, 2007

Hi,

Here is the situation : my camera broke and im leaving for a trip in china in 4 days.

My camera was a canon powershot a75, i was pretty happy with the manual features ( shutter speed etc ), altho it was a bit slow and the zoom was only 3x. The camera was used for work sometimes( im a graphic designer ), for fun ( me just messing around taking night shots ) , for sporting events ( my syster goes to see alot of Ice Skating events ) and of course, vacation / parties / anything u want to remember...
So my new camera needs to do all this , but better.

Here is what im looking for :

• not too expensive ( 250 to 500$ MAX Canadian money)

• manual AND automatic control ( i like manual for fun night shots n stuff but it will be used by my sister too who just want point n shoot )

• good zoom ( id say at least 6x, my sister goes to alot of sporting events and really didnt like the fact that the other cam had 3x only )

• as small/compact as possible to carry it around ( i love ultra compact camera with big lcds, but they never offer manual control ... but its just sooo much more convenient and nice to look at )

• features Image stabilization

• Fast speed ( at least better than my old a75 speed for taking pictures )

now ive looked at tons of models, the thing is that, some of them i cant find in shops around here, i dont have time to order it thru internet so please give me more than just 1 option if possible so that i have a backup plan if i cant find the first choice or if its too expensive ( some shops here are ripoffs compared to internet prices).

Thank you !

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow