Started Jun 15, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Barry Stewart
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,044Gear list
Like?
Dustbuster at start-up
Jun 15, 2007

High fives all around on the highly-recommended ranking by DPR. It's good to see Phil warming up to Live-view. (Will the next Canon that DOESN'T have Live-view get a "Barely Recommended" because of the omission? LOL!)

Now... if we can just get him to understand the value of the Dustbuster at the start-up. Phil suggests that the cleaning should be done at the power-down — but it makes far more sense to have the dust shaken off at start-up.

When you change a lens, you give dust its best opportunity to get on the sensor filter. With Phil's plan, the filter would be cleaned before the lens change... like cleaning your 4x4 BEFORE you go in a mud-race (yes, a gross comparison!)

As well, the SSWF takes what... 2 seconds? If you're shooting moving targets, I would hope that you'd have your camera up-and-running well before it's time to shoot. If the targets aren't moving: can't you spare a few seconds, that could save you many minutes of PP time?

I realize that I'm preaching to the converted, though there may be some noobies that haven't considered the above before.
--
Barry

Barry Stewart's gear list:Barry Stewart's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow