Started Jun 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoaCHIP
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Fuji S5pro power management okay?
Jun 11, 2007

I have the S2pro and the battery life is getting more and more misreported as my camera is getting older, despite using new and well-functioning batteries. When I got my S2 4-5 years ago, i quickly found out that not using the additional little CR123A batteries made it easier for the camera to determine the amount of battery power left on the four AA batteries, and the camera generally acted less weird this way.

Recently this has changed. Now i have to use the CR123A for it to behave somewhat acceptable. It still reports "out of battery" once in a while, right after writing an image to the flash card, and it seems to make my flash cards corrupt after 1-2 years of use (it has destroyed like 4 different brands of CF cards so far.) Of course, I don't know if the power problem and the CF card problem are related.

A friend of mine also has the S2 pro, but he has always been using the CR123A batteries too, but he has always had weird (but slightly different) problems with sudden power-outs. His S2 does not corrupt CF cards tho.

Yet another friend of mine had an S2 that worked well, but when he upgraded to an S3, he too had power problems! So 3 out of 4 Fuji S2/S3 Pro cameras have problems with battery power!

How about the S5 Pro? I'm hearing a lot of good things about it, but if it has the same poor power handling, i'd be rather reluctant about buying it.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow