Can you help? I am new in this forum and want ...

Started Jun 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Urbanito
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,958Gear list
Like?
Can you help? I am new in this forum and want ...
Jun 1, 2007

Hi:
I am new in this forum, even if I look to it almost everyday.

In the past, a long past, I use to use Olympus film cameras, but my work didn't allow me to proceed photographing regularly and I sold all my stuff. Now, I am half retired from my activities on the health field, and I came back to that old passion. I started with less exigent cameras, a Casio Z850, a Panasonic TZ1, followed by a TZ3 and a Sony H5 that I just replaced for the H9. I post on those forums, learned as much as I could how to use Photoshop Elements and currently I have the 3 cameras and Elements 5.

But my first love, the Olympus Cameras, was always with me and I think that is time to come back with a more "serious" camera. I have the intention of purchasing an E-510, when it is on sale, and need your advice, and will continue to need in the future, about:

The Olympus cameras in general. How they compare, without detail, with the others SLR, in the same price category.
The E-510. Just your expectations. I already know the specifications.

The suggested lenses, for a start, considering that I like zooming and the less weight the better, preserving a certain quality. Just one lenses that do everything and I don't have to remove frequently?
I am very sorry for a so long start and ask your help for a so long list.

Please, don't feel obliged to follow my questions structure, and any support will be most appreciated.

I have high expectations on this forum and know how do you share your experiences and help the ones, like me, that are giving the first steps.
Kind regards,

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow