Vibration warning p-200 and now my h9!

Started May 27, 2007 | Discussions thread
T. L. Rutter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,304Gear list
Like?
Yes, please read AAK's paper...
In reply to aluxious, May 28, 2007

Wow, was in the same boat as you were with the P200 and unable to take decent pictures in an auditorium-like setting! I got the H5 (and now the H-9) and ever since then, been taking much better low-light pictures.

You ARE right about the auto.

May I suggest what a Sony tech told me to do? Take the battery out, then hold the power button for 2 minutes. After the 2 minutes, Let go, put the battery back in, and you will be able to take pictures with higher shutter speeds in auto.

When in a class-room setting like that, after you have set your white balance (auto, or choose on of the appropriate settings), then move towards setting your ISO. Personally, I never use ISO 80 without using flash or lots of light and a tripod. 100 should be in optimum conditions. ISO 200 or 400 for the classroom you were in. Next, set the F-Stop, then your exposure. If the picture comes out a tad dark, you can always lighten it afterwards. If it comes out too light, it's harder to make the adjustments, but can be done.

Practice, practice, practice!!!!!

Thanks,
Toby

T. L. Rutter's gear list:T. L. Rutter's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow