Started May 18, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
darrendriven
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
FZ50 and Vista? Does it work?
May 18, 2007

Hey guys, last night I bought a new FZ50 and took some photos... filled up the 32Mb card pretty quickly (I'll have to get a bigger card asap) and attempted to transfer the photos to my laptop so I could take some more.

Well, I had trouble installing the USB drivers for the camera, Vista tells me that USB devices don't need additional drivers and they are already installed. When I plug the camera into the computer Vista attempts to install drivers, but then tells me that it can't find the appropriate software.

So I called Panasonic this morning and talked to them about the problem. It turns out that Panasonic has not yet developed drivers for Vista and the XP/98 drivers won't work. They "hope" to have some Vista drivers in the near future though, so until then I can't transfer photos. Wow.

I asked the guy if I could just get a card reader and pop the card out to transfer photos and he seemed surprised... then revealed that he thought I was talking about a video camera the entire time! Obviously their support team is NOT trained very well on their products, so I am coming to you instead.

Does anyone here run Vista and own an FX50? Did you have problems? If so, how did you solve them? Help!?! $500 for a new camera and I can't even get the photos off of it!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow