Started May 16, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mashuga
Regular MemberPosts: 339
Like?
I've got the 5D New Camera Blues
May 16, 2007

I am a new 5D owner.(going on two weeks) Everything was great with my new camera, and all the assorted glass and goodies. Yesterday, I traveled an hour for an informal shoot with my new 5D. I turned on the camera and only the top lcd display would light. No screen no autofocus.....nothing. I tried the simple things. Changed batteries, looked at contacts,switches ect. No luck. Turned around and drove back to my dealer. I bought this 5D from a local camera store. He is an authorized Canon Dealer. He checked with Canon and no way to get a quick turn around. I am not yet part of the "Pro program. Here's the part that is the kicker. I am leaving 5AM on Friday to South Korea to present my photo work at an international conference. I will then tour for over a week. I had hoped to put the 5D through it paces in Korea. My dealer in the meantime found a broken pin in the CF conpartment and said if that's the problem he could try to switch it out. Canon's overnighting one and he will try to replace that bad CF conpartment as a fix today? If that's not the only problem, I will be shooting with a loaner XTi and my trusty old K-M A3. I have a compact Fuji Finepix F31fd as well, but needless to say I am upset my new 5D may not be making the trip. Arrrrrgg! Thanks for letting me vent!

Oh yea, my other Digital Rebel (Digital Rubble) is being fixed for a busted spring in the lens and is not ready yet.
I had hoped to be a regular here in this forum.

http://www.fotolog.com/mashuga/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mashuga/

Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

Regards all!

Mashuga

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow