Started May 13, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mcq1
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
nikon d3 september, not a rumour
May 13, 2007

Hi how's it going, this is my first thread so please bear with me though i've been checking the forums for news of a new nikon these past few months. Firstly may i state that i work for a news picture agency and one of the few ones left that still use nikon although that has become increasingly frustrating as canon has quite obviously left us behind with the current d2hs (the supposed photojournalist's choice, we didn't feel the d2x/d2xs was suitable as it was really more of a features or studio camera) feeling two generations behind even the mk 2n nevermind the upcoming mk3, the difference in picture quality and the ability to bite into an image and the less noticable noise in our competitors images has seemingly left us with no choice but to jump ship... This fact was put to the UK Nikon rep who made her yearly visit to us at a regional awards evening last week quite bluntly in fact HOWEVER we have been assured that a new camera is imminent, a summer announcement btw, and furthermore she will deliver the new camera to us for useage in september and if it fails to be a canon mk3 beater then she'll take them off her hands with no questions asked. When pressed on names ie d3h or x she declined to say as this has not been decided as of yet (it's just a code number at the moment apparently) but said the camera would be at least as big file size as the current d2xs and faster than the d3hs, other than that there was no further information ie full frame etc., sorry but it was an awards evening and by the time we spoke it was fairly late on. I know there's been a great deal of false rumours regarding a new nikon but this came from someone who really should know, as regards it being a huge jump in quality and performance i'm of the wait and see outlook, if it doesn't match up we'll move even given the substantial price it will take to switch systems, three nikon photographers. Hope this helps anyone in a similar position, please not that i've listed the treah/camera as a D3 but only in the absence of an actual camera listing/name

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OMG!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow