ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
noah cohn
Regular MemberPosts: 178
Like?
S5 IS vs G7
May 11, 2007

hi,

i'm considering upgrading from my S50 that i've had for 4 years.. before that i had a 1 megapixel thing my grandmother bought me.. now i think i'm ready for a step up to the S or G series.. that's what's in my price range..

so now i've heard people saying the G series has superior optics to the S's.. is that true? also the G7 would give 10MP which might be fun for me.. i like to stretch photos across my two flat panels and enjoy the detail..

the step up to 6X zoom would be pretty nice fom my 3X,, i'm not sure if i would use the 12X all that often.. it's confusing me.. is zoom the main selling point of the S series?!? it can also accept lenses.. which would be very interesting for me..

i'm not in any hurry here so i'd like to consider options.. perhaps in a few months we'll see the G8?

ok - also - i am really hoping to get a good improvement in movie quality out of this upgrade - how does the G7 1024x768 MPEG stack up against the S series 640x480 MOTION JPEG..? i'm guessing the 2,048Kb per second M-JPEG has to mean good quality output right? i'll go look for sample G7/S3 clips..

so ya.. i don't really understand why there is a G series and an S.. it's a bit of a daunting subject for me - but i am highly intrigued and i want a cam with a good range of functionality because i'm beginning to understand a lot more...

thanks in advance for your advice!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow