H9: I am worried with the "file pixel size"

Started May 9, 2007 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Urbanito Veteran Member • Posts: 4,104
H9: I am worried with the "file pixel size"

This is nothing new and was discussed previousely. I like the H9 images, even without any PP. But I don't obtain more than 2. something Gb. When I need to crop, the results are not fine, worst than my Casio Z850 and Panasonic TZ3, even if I prever the H9 colours and the lot of new features that she provides. I need to ask for a clarification: Is this because it does not have fine and the compression rate shrinks the size until the 2 Mb and this does not allow to make even not generous crops? Is this then Alan and others are trying that Sony corrects with a firmware update? And if not?

Or am I that not understand the issue or express me on a wrong way, or am not using the camera well?
I don't want to start a treat like the others before, just need a clarification.

Today I went to take pictures to ducks and affiliated. When I came back and went to photoshop, I needed to crop some of the pictures and they started soon to show pixelization. The weather was bright, the photos were very sharp without cropping.

May I have some explanations, even if they were already provided, but at a moment when the calm was lost and there were some "intruders" trying to bash the camera?

I will be very obliged if there is a clear and easy to understand explanation and also if there is already any Sony feedback.
Best regards,
Joao
PS: with my previous H5 the size was bigger and the crops less problematic.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
CB3
AAK
AAK
AAK
AAK
AAK
Marti58 MOD
Marti58 MOD
AAK
AAK
AAK
AAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow