Started May 9, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Urbanito
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,953Gear list
Like?
H9: I am worried with the "file pixel size"
May 9, 2007

This is nothing new and was discussed previousely. I like the H9 images, even without any PP. But I don't obtain more than 2. something Gb. When I need to crop, the results are not fine, worst than my Casio Z850 and Panasonic TZ3, even if I prever the H9 colours and the lot of new features that she provides. I need to ask for a clarification: Is this because it does not have fine and the compression rate shrinks the size until the 2 Mb and this does not allow to make even not generous crops? Is this then Alan and others are trying that Sony corrects with a firmware update? And if not?

Or am I that not understand the issue or express me on a wrong way, or am not using the camera well?
I don't want to start a treat like the others before, just need a clarification.

Today I went to take pictures to ducks and affiliated. When I came back and went to photoshop, I needed to crop some of the pictures and they started soon to show pixelization. The weather was bright, the photos were very sharp without cropping.

May I have some explanations, even if they were already provided, but at a moment when the calm was lost and there were some "intruders" trying to bash the camera?

I will be very obliged if there is a clear and easy to understand explanation and also if there is already any Sony feedback.
Best regards,
Joao
PS: with my previous H5 the size was bigger and the crops less problematic.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow