ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rachel Phillips
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
Talk to me about noise (FZ50)
May 7, 2007

Hi there,

I think that I've finally made a choice to go with the Panny FZ50. However, I'm still a little bit nervous about the noise issues that I've read about in the reviews. I was wondering if those of you who had used it could talk to me a little bit about it. How bad is it to deal with on a day to day shooting basis? It is workable? Should I discount the camera as a result? What will my limitations be in working with it?

It's just a large purchase for me and I want to be happy with it so I'm nervous about this one shortcoming. I mean good image quality is why we all shoot, right? However, seems like all the superzoom digicams seem to have some limitation. I just need to know how serious this one is. Just so you have some idea of my shooting style:

I enjoy shooting outdoors, often in the woods towards the end of the day so it's a lower light setting. I also have two dogs that I enjoy photographing as they play and I very much enjoy macro work. Landscapes are also on my "frequently shot" list. Would also be used as a "family camera" for capturing memories but more for my own artistic expression.

Please flood me with your thoughts, tips, concerns, etc. If you think I'm making the wrong decision, let me know why and what you'd suggest. Thanks so much!

Rachel

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow