FZ30 sees Patagonia! [7 imgs]

Started Apr 25, 2007 | Discussions thread
thiago_silva
Contributing MemberPosts: 997Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ30 sees Patagonia! [7 imgs]
In reply to Jonathan C, Apr 28, 2007

For the glacier shot, I used dodge to brighten the bridge and vegetation area. I tried to lighten it using just curves and levels, but then the ice and the distant mountains looked really washed out. It was actually my first time doing this sort of selective PP (I have a slower computer and not much patience, so usually I don't go much into PP). The result was so good, though, that I am finding myself more willing to spend time PPing now. The other shots were adjusted globally on Lightroom. The first one was sharpened in elements after the processing.

Thanks for all the comments, especially the one about the horizon x other elements in the picture, I'll make sure I remember that in the future.

The camera really did me good, so much that I feel almost guilty for recently buying a Pentax K100D. My plan was to sell the FZ30 first, but I got some tax refund and decided to take the plunge, thinking "I can cover up the expense by selling the FZ30 later". Well, I haven't advertised it yet (it's been about twoo weeks)...I guess my subconscious is trying to keep the Panny, ehehe.

Thiago
--
Thiago Silva - http://www.flickr.com/photos/thiagosilva/

• Panny Ef Zee Thirty

• Pent K One Hundred Dee

'If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ' - (Lewis Hine)

thiago_silva's gear list:thiago_silva's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LuisNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow