Started Apr 27, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 32,907
Like?
PhotoShop CS3 Upgrade. Dont!
Apr 27, 2007

I have been using PhotoShop since version 4. It is THE tool of my trade and I could not work without it. Each year or whenever the upgrade comes out I buy it and have always thought it worthwhile. Especially the Healing Tool which I use without fail on every image that I work on.

I have read loads about CS3 and the beta version and have looked forward to getting the full version.

Yesterday I was reminded about the upgrade in something I read and thought I better do something so looked onAdobe's UK site to see that the cost was £163.32 including tax. For Americans to understand this, it's $327

Now hold on, I seem to remember the update in past years costing something like £100 what's going on?

Today we get The Photographer in the post, the magazine of one of the two main Professional Photography bodies in the UK. In it are two articles about this UK and European Adobe price hike that has not happened in the US.

The editor suggests that we tell Adobe where to shove their ridiculous price rise and that is what I'm going to do. The odd advancement in PS is good, but lets face it the Bridge was never any good and there are other better ways of manipilateing photos in that respect. My present version of PS does everything I need so I won't be upgrading unless they bring the price back down to the last upgrades amont plus a fiver for inflation.

Sorry Adobe but you are greedy and I don't like greedy people. You think you have a captive market, but to abuse them is a big mistake.

Jules

-- hide signature --

Black moles do not destroy information.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
w
QFTNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow