Started Apr 26, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hnsnz
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
CZ 16-80
Apr 26, 2007

i was a MInota fan thru 1980's and 1990's. I purchased a F717 in 2003 and loved the results from that CZ 2.0 - 2.40 zoom lens that let in so much light, plus the colours and clarity of the images.

I purchased a A100 body only on 2006 and sterted reusing my old Minolta glass. I could see the 10mp difference and the extra detail but there was something missing compared with the F717 images. Just before leaving on a trip to China I purchased on impulse the last CZ 16-80 in the Sony Style shop.

I am only a keen amateur but the results of this CZ16-80 A100 combo were way beyond my expectations.

Here is my slide show with a wide range of lighting conditions from ISO 100 to 800, and shutter speeds as low as 1/4 sec. I ran some ISO 800 fiiles through Noise Ninja, but it wasnt really neccessary for my purposes.

This CZ zoom is probably the best photographic investment I have ever made. (I also used the 70-210 "beercan" which aquited itself very well in comparison.)

http://www.helensvillephoto.org/Gallery/China/index.html

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow