ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RaymondC
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
Lightroom, etc....
Apr 25, 2007

Hello All,

Well I have been away from photography for a while (busy with my real job) and I am starting to "re-acquaint" myself. I was hoping some posters could clarify the current situation with Lightroom, Nikon View, Photoshop etc. I used to use Nikon View to import and sort my images, Capture to convert from Raw to Tiff, and then into Photoshop CS1 for color corection, sharpness, contrast, cropping, sizing, etc. I have noticed that Lightroom seems very nice, giving a quick way to view/sort/color correct, etc. but it seems that it has the same NEF problem in not recognizing camera settings. I remember having this same problem with Photoshop earlier, and when I installed an NEF plugin, the Raw convertor option in photoshop goes away, and NEF images in photoshop are opened with only white balance correction options. So my questions are this....for those who use Lightroom do you simply accept this difference and make your own correction to re-acquire the color your NEF file originally had?? When/If Nikon releases Nikon View Pro, do you think it will compete with, and offer similar interface as Lightbox? How do most of you shooting D200/D2X handle this issue?

Just trying to catch up, thanks in advance.

raymond

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow