Flat view
david stone
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?
Eclispe vs E2 on Canon 5D
Apr 20, 2007

from David Stone, President
PHOTOGRAPHIC SOLUTIONS, INC.

I would like to help clear up the confusion surrounding which of our cleaning fluids needs to be used for 5D cleaning. At this point, it appears there are people who have had problems which either fluid on 5D's, and there are those who use either fluid with total success. While it is too early for me to offer why this may be so, the fact is, it is equally confusing and annoying to everyone involved.

For the time being, if you have been using Eclipse on your 5D with good results, continue to use it. If you are using E2 on your 5D with good results,
stick with E2. If in doubt, use the E2.

From what feedback I have gotten, the Eclipse seems to be okay on 5D's that are some of the earlier cameras sold. E2 seems better for the newer

5D's. I do not have enough data to convincingly explain why this is so, but I am working on it. It will be a great help in the meantime if 5D owners would please email me and let me know the following info :

5D serial # ; and which fluid you have used and whehter the results were good or bad.

In the meantime, please know we will fully stand behind our Guarantee - you WILL be covered for any damages caused by any of our products if you follow the procedure outlined.

Thanks for your patience, understanding and support through all of this.

Sincerely,

David M. Stone

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow