Good Travel Photography Tips - Any Advice?

Started Apr 19, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jcgoobee
Regular MemberPosts: 124
Like?
Good Travel Photography Tips - Any Advice?
Apr 19, 2007

Hi folks,

My wife and I will be taking a three weeks off to Italy and Austria in the 2nd week of May. We'll be going to Florence, Rome, Venice, and Vienna.

I will be bringing my D50, 18-200vr, and SB-400 on my trip. Yet, there are something I have just thought off and hopefully I can get some advice from my friends in this forum.

1. For the locations that I will be visiting, any particular good spots for taking pictures (must-visit type of locations, I meant to say)?

2. Generally, are Europeans camera shy? I want to take some local lives there but I don't want to be intrusive or offensive. If they are generally camera shy, I will likely take some scenic pictures.

3. Any good tips of taking good traveling pictures? I mean, if I want to bring home some Kodak moment types of photographs, I could have bought some postcards from the local store, but I want to take some non-tourist type of pictures. What are the areas I should (or should not) pay attention to?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated, as always.

• James Cheung -

D50, 18-200 VR, 85mm 1.8D, SB-400

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow