Started Apr 14, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Old Timer
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
D200 owners please check for me..
Apr 14, 2007

I've just taken delivery of my 2nd D200. Everything looks the same but for the CF latch lever. there is not much in it but it looks like the later camera has a latch lever that just sits in closer to the body than my first camera( the first latch lever has just one groove down the middle(like the lock on the multi controller) but on the later camera the lever has a grid pattern with several lines on it's face but the multi lock lever is the same as the earlier camera.

I must admit that a few times on the old design when the camera strap has been over my shoulder for a while, when I've brought the camera around to use it, the CF door has been open where the lever has snagged on my clothing so the new shape will probably cure that.

Out of interest, my first D200 (only brought a couple of months ago ) has a serial number that starts with a 4 and the new one starts with 8(thats 4 million apart) I suppose the first one had been on the shelf for a while and they were purchased from different dealers. Having said that, the earlier camera is superb(which is why I brought another one) I can only hope that the new one meters and WB's like the original.

Be interested as to what your latest D200 bodies serial number starts with.
--
'You Know You Are Getting Old When The
Candles Cost More Than The Cake'

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow