Started Apr 13, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ruth Taylor
Contributing MemberPosts: 840
Like?
Commissioned Job, what are your recommendations
Apr 13, 2007

Curious as to what others would do in this situation.

The one gallery I am in just contacted me to say she referred me to someone who wants to commission me to take a specific scene sometime in the next year.
The location will take probably an hour's drive one way.

Last time I was commissioned, it was to take a Seasonal picture of someone's house which I just happened to drive past every day anyway on my drive to work. So I just charged them an extra $50 plus the cost of the print.

In this new case, I would think I would have to charge the 2 hour's drive time plus the 1 hr of shoot time and gas plus the cost of the print.

I know the gallery will be looking for some kind of percentage like she gets if my work was sold in her gallery.

I would guess that this time, I should get the full money for the drive time and gas but the gallery only gets the percentage of the actual sale of the print alone?

Does that sound reasonable?

What's an hourly charge go for these days? I'm thinking 2 hours drive time and at least an hour there trying to get good shots if not longer.

any input appreciated

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow