Continue A610, 620, S2IS, S3IS RAW, exposure bracketing and stuff...

Started Apr 2, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChildeRandom
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Continue A610, 620, S2IS, S3IS RAW, exposure bracketing and stuff...
Apr 2, 2007

Looks like the "A610, 620, S2IS, S3IS RAW, exposure bracketing and stuff..." thread got filled. Number of messages, byte volume, who knows. Anyway, I'll start this continuation.

The A620 hacks definitely don't work with firmware version 1.00E. I updated my camera's firmware to 1.00F, though probably not from the same source as listed a couple of posts ago (don't ask - my source has disappeared). Of course it's risky, but mine has had no problems since. Start with fresh batteries, and don't turn the camera off during the update! I don't remember exactly what happened when I updated mine - the blue light blinked awhile, I think. It probably only took a few minutes, but I left it untouched for a good half-hour just to be sure. I might have been less tempted to update the firmware if I didn't have a second (different) camera available if I borked the A620, but I did want to be able to use the hacks.

My thanks to all those working hard on these hacks - I love the Canon A-series and I like raw files.

-- hide signature --

CR

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
IdeaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow