Started Mar 29, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Martin0001
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Gallery Portfolio or Stock Site???
Mar 29, 2007

I have posted this on an open talk forum but no takers yet.

I am contemplating setting up a portfolio of pictures that I have taken over the years.......

This is partly to see whether my pictures are worth anything to anyone and partly to try and get myself established in the field in the long term. Though I have no intention of making it really big!

I would appreciate if anyone has experience (and I have seen some of your web-galleries already - a few people that post here seem to use Zenfolio - why?) of particular stock sites that take your pictures as opposed to setting up a portfolio gallery.....

I do like the idea of a portfolio gallery as I could then have a basis for the rest of my work.

I would like the site to be able to sell the pictures but without too much intervention from me in the initial stages at least.

Are there any particular sites that people feel are exceptional value for money?

I am based in the UK and tend to concentrate on closeups, landscapes, colours and abstracts etc.....no portraits or people (but I have one or two that I consider quite good lol).

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow