Started Mar 28, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
garyal
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Epson 3800 / Double Profiling
Mar 28, 2007

I'm about to jump into doing my own printing and have purchased an Epson 3800. In trying to avoid the usual 'newbie' mistakes and minimize the hours spent to achieve reasonable color management, I've spent many hours gathering setup information from both this and other forums. It seems one of the most common errors to overcome, in order to achieve accurate color management, is to not double profile. The problem is, as I read the many articles and reviews, that they often contradict each other on how to do this. Recently, on this forum, there was an extensive thread entitled, "Color Management Hell" discussing the problems with double profiling. It seems he resolved the issue by deleting profiles associated with the 3800 in the control panel. I've not seen any other mention of deleting profiles in any documentation or discussion and I'm concerned I'd be deleting something I'd need later. On the Photo-I review of the 3800, he says using 'Let Photoshop Determine Colors' with color management turned off in the driver gives the best results then proceeds to make a print with the the setting of 'Let Printer Control Color'. In some cases, reviews have said to print B+W in the ABW mode while others say you get the best results printing as color. I understand there will be an inevitable learning curve but I'd like to avoid having to rediscover the wheel. Can someone please post the sequence required to setup for both colour and B+W that will avoid double profiling. Many thanks in advance.

Gary

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow