Capture NX - worth the price?

Started Mar 26, 2007 | Discussions thread
yatesd
Contributing MemberPosts: 865
Like?
Re: NX is great RAW converter, but doesn't do other things
In reply to zephxiiii, Mar 27, 2007

I am still playing with Lightroom, so I don't know all of the options yet. However, it definitely lets you retain the WB setting as shot and someone over in Nikonians created a preset that emulates Abobe IIIa.

For me, there are two main reasons NX doesn't tempt me.

1. Which program are you going to transition to when Nikon drops NX like they did with Capture One? Nikon's core competency is not software.

2. NX may be great at RAW conversion, but then what are you going to use for photo organization? What about advanced editing? How well integrated will it be? PS Elements comes close but falls short in managing RAW files. As far as I know NX doesn't directly integrate with anything.

Abobe Lightroom on the other hand, has advanced RAW conversion, non-destructive editing, sophisticated cataloging features, and will integrate directly with advanced editing options (PS, PS Elements, Lightzone,etc.) Any changes made in PS or PS Elements are automatically saved with the original stack in Lightroom.

-- hide signature --

Doug

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow