Mac OSX Users

Started Feb 18, 2005 | Discussions thread
ixora
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: Confused about RAW and iPhoto5
In reply to CptnJustc, Mar 26, 2007

I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned Lightroom. I used the free beta version and have had version 1 now for a month and just love it! One of the biggest downsides of iphoto for me is that it makes a duplicate of everything. I too am a space horder and the thought of my pictures taking up twice the space they need is too much for me. I never liked iphotos file system becaue one you get out of iphoto and into another application (PS for instance) your albums aren't visible.

Lightroom is a gem to work with. It is easy to make changes and relatively easy to learn. I love the print module, particularly how you can make your own templates to print off whatever configuration you want. For example I love 4 x 4 and 6 x 6 photos and wanted a template software that I could set that size and then move my photo around within it until I get it just where I want it. I can do that in lightroom. But that's just one little thing I like about it there is much more to it. Check it out.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow